North Carolina Real Estate Exam Preparation
This practice exam package will get you ready for the North Carolina real estate licensing exam. Our intuitive exam prep platform provides an excellent online study experience.
Use Promo Code "PREP25" at Checkout
How to Get your Real Estate License in North Carolina
Meet your Real Estate Educators
Marc has been working in the real estate industry for over 20 years. He started working in real estate financing before transitioning to real estate education which turned out to be Marc’s true calling. Marc is passionate about online education and his goal is to help that all his students to pass their real estate exam on the first try.
Meet Angela, aka “Real Estate Momma”. Angela is an accredited real estate instructor in North Carolina. She has been teaching real estate pre-licensing, post-licensing and continuing education courses for several years and has helped thousands of students pass the state licensure exam. She will support you throughout your journey.
Advantages of Completing an Exam Prep
Becoming a real estate agent is a great career path. Passing the state exam is currently the only thing that stands between you and your new career. Check out the perks of completing our exam preparation below!
Our platform is designed to make it easy for you to customize your exam preparation towards subject you may have more difficulties with.
Pratice makes perfect
We all heard this saying before and it’s true. Practice makes perfect. Our exam prep has a proven track record of helping our students pass the state exam.
know when it's time
You should only take the state exam when you are ready to do so. Once you’ve mastered our exam prep, you will know when to take the state exam.
Most frequent questions and answers
To get a real estate license in North Carolina, you must meet or complete the following requirements:
1. Be at least 18 years of age
2. Be a US citizen, a non-citizen national or a qualified alien under federal law, or have a lawful presence in the United States and be authorized to work in the US real estate field.
3. Complete a 75-hour Broker Pre-license course at a NCREC approved-school (FastPass Learning is a NCREC approved-school and only offers accredited courses)
4. Apply for the NC real estate exam
5. Pass the North Carolina real estate licensure exam with a minimum score of 75%
Here is the cost breakdown of obtaining a real estate broker license in NC:
1. Broker Pre-license Course: $419.40, all-inclusive tuition with FastPass Learning
2. Background Check fee: Starting at $15, varies depending on how many states you lived in, payable to the NCREC Criminal Records Checks
3. Application fee for the NC real estate exam: $100, payable to the NCREC when submitting the application
4. NC Real Estate Exam fee: $56, payable to PSI Online when scheduling the exam
The total cost of becoming a real estate agent in North Carolina is approximately $590.40.
While there is no absolute answer to this question, it is recommended to complete at least two (2) full real estate practice tests before taking the state exam. These simulations will help you identify the topics you most struggle with and can guide your studying efforts to mitigate their impact on your final score.
The exam has 100 national questions and 40 state specific questions. You will have 2.5 hours to complete the national section and 1.5 hour to complete the state specific section. Preparation is the key to success and thousands of students pass the North Carolina licensure exam every year.
Yes, the North Carolina Real Estate Commission (NCREC) administers the NC broker licensing exam online through PSI’s proctoring services. This will allow you to take the exam from the comfort of your home which will take some stress out of the way so you can focus on what matters: Passing the exam!
Scheduling the NC licensing exam was made easy by the NCREC. You can simply go to PSI’s website and schedule an appointment to take the exam. PSI is the official online proctoring solution for the real estate exam in North Carolina.